Thursday, November 19, 2009

Day 43

Today was such a blessed day! Sean and I had plans to go to AUB (American University of Beirut) but that didn't work out. Hopefully we will get to go tomorrow. Today Sean went with Said and Noah to the orphanage and Isaiah & I stayed home. Right after Sean left, we lost electricity so Isaiah and I went out and enjoyed the city. I'm pretty sure I lost about 10 lbs carrying my big boy all over Beirut! When we left the states a month and a half ago, he weighed over 19 lbs....and he has grown SO much since then. I'm not sure how much he weighs.. but he's not light! Plus we walked for about 2 hrs straight! But we had a lot of fun! I absolutely LOVE being a mommy! As we walked, him in a pack, we held hands... his little fingers intertwined with mine. I blessed beyond measure. His big ol' toothy grin makes my whole heart melt... and when he laughs my heart feels a joy that only the Lord could give. Being a mommy is such a gift... a gift that the Lord gives to the saved and lost. But to be a mommy in Christ... to truly know that motherhood is a gift that i don't deserve... to know that the love that i feel for my son, such an enormous love... is so small compared to the love that my Heavenly Father has for him, and for me. Oh the depth of His mercies! My heart is so full! His love is so great! There is no greater joy... than to be His! I would never have my dear husband Sean, much less our son.. if it wasn't for the Lord! If He had not brought me out sin, out of death... into Life. And to think... I don't deserve His grace, His salvation... but He chose to give it! His grace is more than enough... but then He blessed me with Sean and Isaiah. I am unworthy... HE is GLORIOUS!!! OH HE IS WORTHY OF OUR LIVES! Give it all to Him! His way is the only way... you have not tasted life until you have tasted His goodness! Blessed be the Name of the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. How fun to picture you and Isaiah walking around holding hands. I often pick up one of my childrens hands and just run my finger all over it. Their little hands that will not be little for long. Motherhood is a gift. A gift of great love and gift to live a life of sacrifice. Love you girl!!

    ReplyDelete