Sunday, November 15, 2009

Day 36-39

Well- It's Sunday... we are supposed to be in Beirut, but we couldn't get a ride back. So- we are here in Tyre still. A friend allowed us to use his internet just for a minute.. so I can't write much.. just a quick review of the week. Sean spent the majority of the week painting the church while I prepared some sunday school materials for the children. Another fun thing was that I cooked a real kentucky meal for said and his family: fried chicken, baked mac & cheese and my aunt sharon's yummy best in world mashed potatoes. ( although with the mashed potatoes i did have to improvise on a couple of ingredients.) They loved it though! It blessed us to be such a blessing to them. They have KFC here, but it is very expensive. It would have cost about $60-$70 to feed all 9 of us. But it only cost $25-$30 to cook it. AND they said mine was better every bit as good as KFC.... and they were able to eat as much as they wanted and still have leftovers.
This week was truly a blessing in many other ways. The Lord has been so faithful. He has showed Himself in so many situations and so many ways! He is teaching me to trust in Him and to wait on Him. How hard headed I am! I had really been struggling with some things.. but the Lord has shown me that He in in control. It is easy to say that we believe in a Sovereign God... but when you are tested... where do you stand? Are they just words that you speak with you lips or do you truly believe it? Do you REST there?

No comments:

Post a Comment