Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Day 35

Well- although today is only half over... I need to go ahead and blog. We will be leaving out for Tyre in a couple of hours and I still have to finish packing. I miss blogging when we are gone. For some reason I am more homesick when I can't blog...it makes me feel like I am connected with everyone back home. At the same time, I am anxious to get back to Tyre.
Please continue to lift up the prayer requests I posted yesterday. Also pray for our time in Tyre as it lacks some of the conveniences of our apartment in Beirut. There is no privacy which makes Isaiah's nap time difficult, as well as when I nurse him (So far nap time and nursing time have been happening in a closet.) AND...When Isaiah is tired and fussy it is so much harder for me to battle my flesh when obstacles arise. So also pray for me that the Lord would sanctify me and that my character would grow in godliness.
There is also not a real kitchen. We do have a college size fridge which is plenty big for us. But there is no oven or stove and there are no cooking utensils such as pots, pans, plates, spatula, etc. We do have a portable electric burner for boiling water. I am going to try and take a pan with us if i can fit it. There are so many things to take for Isaiah that we try to keep everything else down to a minimum. All of this to say that without being able to cook, eating out can be unhealthy (especially for Sean's diabetes) and more expensive. Thankfully we eat with Said's family several times while we are there.
Well... I'll meet you back here again on Sunday night! Thank you for your love and prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment