Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Day 34

The Lord is so gracious to me. He held my thoughts captive today. Today was such a blessing. It was definitely a much needed day. We had wonderful family time together. Sean and I had our arabic lesson today. We are behind on studying so we are going to have to be self-disciplined. It was just difficult our first week in Tyre to study along with everything else. I think this week will be better. After our lesson I spent some time with our neighbor. She gave us a Syrian meal. Sean and I still have no idea what it was that we ate, but it was very tasty. Neither of the two dishes she fixed had ingredients that we recognized. It was really kinda fun! It truly was a blessing!
Later in the evening we walked down to AUB (American University of Beirut) because we needed to get some supplies from a bookstore there. As a treat Sean got a cup of Dunkin' Donuts coffee (his fave!) and I got a fresh crepe with Nutella and bananas... oh my! Whew! I'm glad we are going to be spending the majority of our time in Tyre, otherwise between the chocolates croissants and the crepes, I would weigh a ton by the time we got back to the states!
When we got home, a woman I had spent some time with and prayed with knocked on the door. She stayed for about half and hour and we talked and prayed. Now I need to pack as we are returning to Tyre tomorrow. It seems that from now on, I will be able to blog Sun-Wed... but Thursday, Friday, and Saturday I won't be able to.
The Lord has truly been working in both Sean and me. Over the past week He has shown us sin in our hearts and graciously led us to repentance. He has encouraged us through our brothers and sisters and He has given us sweet fellowship. He has once again reminded me of what a Godly husband he has blessed me with. Thank you for all those prayer warriors out there that have been lifting us up. We so truly appreciate it. I hope that as you pray for us, your communion with the Lord is sweet. I pray that He draws near to you. So here are our prayer requests for this week:

1. Pray that we would be self-disciplined in our studies
2. Please pray that the Lord would keep my thoughts captive and that I would
walk obedience and trust in Him, not in my flesh.
3. Pray for Isaiah as he is cutting teeth. I know it hurts... he is fussy and
his nose is snotty.... he just doesn't feel good.
4. Pray for our brother, Said and his family.
5. Pray for Walid and the other brothers that are at the conference in Ireland.
6. Continue to pray for our friends the Stutzmans and the Reeces.
7. Lastly, pray that the Lord would be glorified in Lebanon. Pray that He would
move in Tyre and that He would grant men repentance and faith. Pray for those
that have been coming to the services, that their hearts would be changed.
Pray for us as we put forth such feeble efforts.. that the Lord would be
pleased.
p.s. I have posted a few new pictures on my facebook, but have not yet had time to post them here, because it takes so long to load.

No comments:

Post a Comment