Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 67


Today seemed to be such a heavy day... does that make sense? Just a lot going on and a lot on my mind. Isaiah was fussy all day... not sure why... any of the zillion reasons.. gas?teething?tired? or maybe just because he could sense the stress of everyone else. Today I set aside the whole day just to get our stuff together and start packing.  Though it took all day,  I did get a great deal accomplished. It just seemed as though I had led in my shoes. Every task seemed laborious. But the Lord was gracious to me.  All our drawers and closets are empty. I have about 2 loads of laundry to do, but other than packing up those clothes and a couple of odds and ends like medicine, lotion, etc... We are packed. I know I've said this before, but my emotions are so mixed up. I am so excited about spending Christmas with our family..... and excited about everyone getting to see our big ol' boy... but at the same time, honestly, I don't want to leave. It was really hard saying goodbye to Xhitam and Lodi. My sadness does make me thankful that the Lord gave us relationships that mean so much. Tomorrow may be the last time we get to see Noah before we leave... that is going to be a hard one too.
 Anyway-  Xhitam's husband, Hamid, brought us dinner again tonight. He is a wonderful cook! Please continue to pray for them.  Today Sean went to get our visas stamped and they wouldn't stamp them without me and Isaiah being there. So we will have to go back in the morning. Also Sean went to the hospital today to have his leg checked out. Thankfully he didn't have a blood infection, but he did have an infection. They wanted to hospitalize him in order to give him antibiotics through an IV, but he talked the doctor into just giving him an oral antibiotic and she agreed. She said for him to take them until Sunday and then give her a call. If anything gets worse he was advised to go immediately to the ER. We are praying that the Lord would use the means of medicine to heal him. Sean is feeling good other than his leg hurting. We will keep you updated and would ask that you continue to pray.
All the pics were taken in the villages except for the two with other people. One picture is of me, sean, isaiah, and Lodi (our arabic teacher), the other is of me, isaiah, Xhitam, and her daughter Angie.

p.s. UPDATE : Remember the couple Jen & Jake that i asked you to pray for??? Well- the courts in Ethipia approved them to adopt. They are officially the legal parents of 3 Ethiopian children! Please pray for them as they prepare for their arrival! Praise the Lord for His faithfulness and for the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment