Thursday, December 10, 2009

Day 66

Today was another emotional day. My neighbor, whom I have grown close to, left this evening to go to her brother's wedding in Syria. She won't be back until after I leave. We got our dates mixed up. I thought we were going to have all this week together and she thought we would have all next week together. We spent some time together this morning and a little bit of time together this evening. I walk by faith.. not knowing what the Lord's will is for our return to Lebanon. I know that salvation is of the Lord. We must be obedient to plant the seeds, be He is the only One who can save. Her husband said that she had been a nicer wife since she had met me and been spending time with me. That was an honor. It shows me that in a small way.. even though there was language barriers that the Lord allowed them both to see something in me that was different... the love of Christ. Please pray for this family, the husband, wife, and 1 year old daughter.
We also said goodbye to our sweet friends, the Swifts, today. We spent some time with the husband and wife. We went downtown and had lunch and saw some of the Roman ruins. It is unbelievable to stand there and look at these columns and realize that they are the real deal... it is so crazy. There were people excavating some of the ruins... I wanted so bad to get down there and dig with them. What a cool job that would be! Yet our job is to dig into the Word of God and find priceless jewels that will never fade!
Please also pray for Sean. He had his insulin pump set in his leg. It went into the muscle and we are afraid that it may be infected. It looks like we are going to have to go to the doctor tomorrow. Please pray that the Lord will heal it. It is very painful. And an infection can be dangerous. Thank you for your love and prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment