Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Day 49

Well- today started off with Arabic class.. .which is always good. And tonight Sean and I got to talk with several different people about Jesus.  I had plans to meet with one girl and then me & Sean met a guy from Ky. It is amazing  how people flock to Isaiah! We get so many opportunities because the Lord uses him. You can try to look for open doors and conversation starters... but with Isaiah we just go sit in a coffee shop and people swarm us. Then we they ask his name which means "salvation is from the Lord"... you automatically get to talk about Jesus. It was truly a blessing! A much  needed blessing considering we found out today that we aren't going to get to have Thanksgiving with Said and his family :o(   We were supposed to be having a big Thanksgiving dinner with Said and his family, Noah, and another family. But under difficult circumstances, we aren't going to be able to go. So we were kinda bummed. But the Lord reminded us today that we are here for Him. If we aren't willing to sacrifice our comforts, we aren't called to missions. So I'm going to cook for my Muslim neighbor and in the evening I'm meeting again with the girl I met with tonight. How wonderful to be able to share the love of Christ on Thanksgiving.... to share that the thing I am most thankful for in my life is the grace which was poured out upon me... a grace i don't deserve... but was so freely given to me. What a wonderful Thanksgiving gift to be able to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment